To help protect your money we have introduced enhanced security checks specifically for when you pay online using your HyperJar card. It’s an extra step to help keep your spending safe and protect against card payment fraud.
When you spend money at an online checkout using your HyperJar card, you will sometimes get a message from HyperJar to your phone asking you to approve or decline the payment before it goes through.
If you have a child with a HyperJar Kids Card, the same will apply to their online spending and you’ll get a message on your phone.
What do I need to do?
- When you pay using your HyperJar card at the online checkout, you will get a ‘pop-up’ prompt from us to open your HyperJar app and verify the payment. You will also see a text message from us saying ‘Approval needed’.
- Open the app or tap on the message. You will see a screen showing the amount of the payment and the retailer, with options to Approve or Decline.
- Tap Approve to okay the payment and you’ll see your spend has now been authorised at the retailer’s online checkout.
- In the unlikely event, you get an ‘Approval needed’ message from us and you haven’t used your card to spend, please tap Decline.
- If you ‘decline’ a payment you should freeze your card from the Account screen in your app straight away.
Then contact us via Live Chat, email (email@example.com) or WhatsApp.