It's really easy to get started with HyperJar.
Just download the app on your phone and follow the set up instructions for your account. Once you are registered you can order your HyperJar Mastercard.
Then follow these quick steps:
1. Think about your everyday spending.
How much goes on groceries, bills, travel, nights out and hobbies or towards longer-term plans, like holidays?
- From your Home screen, create a few Jars to reflect these categories. Name them anything you like, to suit your own spending patterns and plans
2. Transfer some money from your bank to your HyperJar account
- Use the sort code and account number on your Account screen to create a payment from your bank
- When the money lands in your account, split it between the Jars to reflect how you want to spend it
3. Take a look at our partners in the Explore tab
- Create a Jar with any merchant to get offers and rewards from them. If you know you’ll spend with them in future, choose to lock-in some money and you’ll receive an inflation-beating 4.8% Annual Growth Rate on anything you pay in, added to your Jar daily
When you have done the basics, here is what you do next:
4. Spending from Jars
You can spend directly from any Jar by quickly linking it to your card. Just tap on the Jar and press Link, and that Jar will now be where your money comes from when you use your card. So if you've got a 'Lunch' Jar, and you want to use it to pay for a sandwich, just link it to your card. The money comes from that Jar and you'll have a list of all your transactions inside.
If you spend more than you have in your Jar, any extra money will come out of your Wallet. And if there's not enough in the Wallet to cover the spending, the transaction won't go through: you can never be overdrawn with HyperJar.
5. Group Jars
A lot of our money management and spending is done with other people. Shared bills, going on holiday together, group gifts or just a night out with friends. A Group Jar works like a pop-up joint account, with none of the hassle or commitment - for up to 30 people.
Tap on a Jar, press Share, and you can either add others by Bluetooth if they're nearby, or from your Contacts. If you're the Group Jar Owner, you set the permissions for other people: who can pay in, spend from, and see the Jar. You can also leave Notes for each other in a Group Jar. "Hey guys - spent £40 on groceries for the flat.''
If someone else invites you to share a Group Jar, they set the permissions, so make sure you're OK with these before putting any money in.
6. Merchant Jars
In the Explore tab you'll find all the shops, brands and businesses that we have partnered with. If you open a Jar with one of them - like Lidl, or Shell, or Virgin Wines - they'll send you awards and offers. And if you choose to lock in your money and commit to spending it with them, you'll get an inflation-beating 4.8% Annual Growth Rate on the balance you've paid in. This is calculated daily.