Money in the Hyper Jars you open with a merchant featured on the app is held for that merchant in accounts with major UK retail banks. When you spend with the merchant, your money is transferred from these accounts to the merchant via the Mastercard systems. Think of the advance payments made to Merchant Jars as like buying a gift card that you spend with the merchant.
Articles in this section
- How do I spend from my Hyper Jars using my HyperJar card?
- What if I want to remove a sharer from a Hyper Jar?
- How do I share my Hyper Jar?
- Can I share my Hyper Jar with other app users?
- Can I convert advance payments I’ve made to a Jar opened with a merchant, or rewards, into cash?
- How do I spend from Hyper Jars I’ve opened with a merchant?
- Is there any time limit on spending money in a Hyper Jar opened with a merchant?
- Is money in these merchant Jars protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?
- How is my money in a merchant Jar protected?
- Who decides the AGR and other merchant offers?